We are expanding our little marketing team! We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to be based at our office in Deland, Florida (yes, you read that right, it is an office job). At UPT, we wear a lot of hats, so this position will cover a broad range of tasks and responsibilities. General expectations are listed below, but if not all areas are your strength, don’t be afraid to apply!
Day to day job expectations
- Planning, scheduling, designing, and implementing marketing campaigns – Working collaboratively with our engineering and sales teams to plan ahead for new product launches
- Help manage branding and customer experience – Updating our brand image to our customers via all promotional collateral (design of brochures, shipping boxes, tour items such as tents, etc)
- Procuring, creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content for social media, print advertising, and educational pieces such as articles, newsletters, and blogs. This involves strong writing skills, graphic design skills or knowledge thereof, and a basic understanding of photography and video production
- Event marketing – We put on yearly events that require a high level of planning to run smoothly, and having a very small marketing team, this requires a lot of work.
- Some travel for demo events and boogies to help expand our market reach
- Help manage the UPT Gear and Apparel Store – Help design and source new items, track inventory and sales, ensure store’s website is up to date, track ROI
- Help manage our website ensuring that information is kept current and easy to navigate, and implement SEO.
Preferred experience/skills (though not necessarily required)
- BA/BS degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent working experience in the field
- Understanding of skydiving industry – trends, lingo, top athletes, etc (in depth training on our products will be provided).
- Cross-platform marketing campaign management (Instagram and Facebook for business, MailChimp email campaigns, print advertising)
- Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Understanding of ROI and data driven analysis of marketing efforts (proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets)
- Cloud-based content management (we use Google Drive here)
- Organizational communication (we use Slack)
- Wordsmithing! Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content (hint: you’ll need a sense of humor)
- Working knowledge of WordPress for website design and management
- Willingness to take on a wide range of different tasks – no two days look the same here
Why you should want to work here
- Compensation – We pay very well for the skydiving industry. Performance based raises and bonuses are also granted yearly depending on the company’s overall performance.
- Benefits package – Medical/Dental/Vision, HSA (health savings account) contribution match options, generous 401K match
- Flex PTO days – for any non-standard work day that you work, for example, if you travel for UPT to a boogie and work a Saturday and Sunday, you collect those days as additional paid time off days.
- Family run business – at UPT you are not just a number. We know that good employees are not expendable, so our employees are treated like real people. Our employees tend to stay with the company for a long time (some, even 40+ years!!)
- You get to meet the coolest people in the industry! Based walking distance from Skydive Deland, we constantly have amazing skydivers from all over the world stopping by to visit us!
So if that sounds like something you are interested in and you are a good fit, please apply here! (l.uptvector.com/marketingapp)