Recommended Lifetime on Tandem Components
Uninsured United Parachute Technologies has established a recommendation for expected lifetime of certain tandem system components based on testing, feedback / incident reports, and general observations from equipment maintenance. The jump numbers listed are guidelines, which may differ depending on environmental factors such as exposure, maintenance, storage, and general usage and packing.
Any tandem equipment is always subject for inspection and evaluation to determine current airworthiness prior to use
- Main Suspension Lines: 350 – 500 jumps (Both Dacron and Vectran)
- ZP Main Canopy: 1400 – 1600 jumps
- Main Risers: 600 jumps
- Lower Drogue / Centerline: 300 jumps
- Drogue Assembly: 600 jumps
- Instructor / Student harness: 1000 jumps
- Harness / Container: Inspection every 25 jumps
Mandatory Tandem Reserve Recertification
For Information on mandatory Tandem Reserve Canopy Recertification, click here.