What to know about ordering this package: If you are interested in ordering the wingsuit package, just have your dealer include ‘Wingsuit Package’ in the special instructions on your order form. Below is a detailed list of what options that will get you, as well as descriptions of why those options were chosen for this application. If there is an option you would like to skip or alter, that will need to be clearly defined in the special instructions as well.
What it includes:
- Narrow yoke – while UPT’s new narrow yoke will become standard on all Micron sized Vectors moving forward, it is something that is specifically optimized for wingsuiting. With all of the material, zippers, and padding over the shoulders in a wingsuit, the jumper has limited mobility when it comes time to open and fly their parachute. By reducing the over the shoulder bulk of the container, the narrow yoke gives the jumper more range of motion to safely fly and land their canopy.
- Dynamic corners… or as I like to call them, ‘origami corners’ – these folding corners allow the main tray to open completely flat on deployment for a smoother, cleaner deployment. (see photo)
- WS pilot chute and bridle + V stow semi stowless bag – 30” pilot chute with a longer bridle, to help clear the large burble caused by the wingsuit and allowing for an easier, cleaner opening. Along with a semi stowless deployment bag for cleaner, smoother deployment.
- 2 piece narrow leg pads – similar to the narrow yoke, these low bulk leg pads allow for more comfort and mobility around all of the extra material of a wingsuit.
- Deluxe “ultra low bulk” (fancy marketing speak for no spacer foam) backpad – having minimal padding helps the rig lay as flat as possible against the jumper’s back, maximizing the aerodynamic performance. Further, the cordura (rather than spacer foam), protects against wear from the suit/zippers/etc
- Babylon backpad is also an option if the jumper prefers to have some padding
- *Note* when ordering, you will need to specify which backpad option you want – Deluxe or Babylon
- Custom stabilizers – these are the cordura-covered soft padded stabilizers. These are built from the edges of the container, like UPT’s standard laterals are, however without the rigid piece. The cordura provides an extra layer of protection for the webbing when rubbing against the suit. Note: if you select Babylon backpad, the laterals will be cut-in slightly on the edges of the lumbar piece instead of outboard, as comes standard with this package.
Recommended additional options: (these are not automatically included in the package if you list ‘Wingsuit Package,’ so you will need to select these separately if you would like them)
- A -1 wingsuit specific size if your canopies allow for it (check the sizing chart)
- The -1 sizes are built specifically for wingsuiting. They are longer and lay flatter against your back for maximized aerodynamics, and an easier pull
- -2″ off the top – -2” off the top is an adjustment to the leg straps that effectively moves the leg strap hardware (friction adapters) 2” farther up your hip. The benefit to this is that the hardware is no longer crowded between your legs when you tighten your leg straps all the way. Keep in mind this moves the hook knife location to the back of the leg straps… but for wingsuiting, you will want an alternate hook knife location anyway.
- VGH (variable geometry harness) – Otherwise known as hip rings, VGH allows articulation in the hip joints. Overall, for any style of flying, whether it be wingsuiting, free flying, FS, hip articulation helps to give you more mobility.